Makes 2 Cups (450 G)
- 3 small avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1/2 small red onion, root end left intact
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Juice of 1 medium lime
PreparationPrepare a grill over medium-high heat. Place the avocados and onion cut sides down on the grill. Cook for about 10 minutes, until lightly charred with grill marks, turning once. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut the onion into small dice and cut the avocados into large chunks.
In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Stir in the onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt, and lime juice. Taste and add more salt as needed. Serve warm.
Publication of this recipe is thanks to Voyageur Press, an imprint of The Quarto Group