Review: FujiFilm X-T1

I recently had the opportunity to rent the FujiFilm X-T1 to take with me to my sister's wedding. Not wanting, or needing, to travel with my complete camera kit I chose the X-T1 and a single 35mm F1.4 XF R lens for the combo's compact size and the stunning images being produced by the combination on the internet.

I am not going to bore you with all of the camera's specifications but these were the ones that drove my interest in testing the camera:
  • Image Sensor: 16.3 effective million pixel X-Trans CMOS II with primary color filter
  • Movie File Format: MOV
  • Movie Video Compression: H.264
  • WiFi Connectivity: Yes
  • Price: $1,299.95
My thoughts:
I must be honest, I have always been a fan of FujiFilm. We have owned a couple of their point and shoot cameras over the years, and I loved how easy they were to use. After I made the jump to DSLR cameras I continued to pack around our FujiFilm Point and Shoot on family trips. There is something about how their sensors and processors render colors that cannot be matched by the other camera companies. Fuji cameras just produce beautiful images. I was pleased to find the X-T1 I rented to have stayed true to what I have come to love about the brand. The controls were intuitive and the sensor, combined with the 35mm F1.4 lens, produced images and video with beautiful colors.

Read more »