Thai Basil Tofu Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked sticky rice
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 serrano pepper - diced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper - sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper - sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 Cup Thai basil leaves (regular basil leaves can be used if Thai basil cannot be found)
- 1/3 cup onion - sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 12oz firm tofu - sliced into 1/2" cubes
- 3 TBS vegetable oil
Heat 1 TBS oil over high heat in a wok. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the tofu. Gently stir, being careful not to break up the tofu, until it becomes a light golden-brown. Remove from wok and set aside.
Add red and green bell peppers along with the onion into the wok and stir-fry until the peppers become tender. Mix in the rice, soy sauce, and previously cooked tofu stirring constantly until the rice is heated. Remove from the heat and mix in the Thai basil leaves and serve immediately.